Friday, November 5, 2010

I do...Whipping Cream CAKE!!!

This is a cake that is more than just layers of chocolate and graham.

LIke a classic bedtime story, it starts "Once upon a time" and ends "happily ever after" for one particular lady...and no, its not me. Rest assured, this is one recipe that will not disappoint. Let's hope my storytelling abilities haven't collected dust since my last blog :P

I was first introduced to whipping cream cake by my loving mother-in-law Elaine, who requires no occasion to lavish her guests with hearty meals, and delightful desserts. At the time, Jason and I had only been dating for a few months, so when I saw his face light up when his mom announced "time for whipping cream cake", I couldn't help but smile and think "this is one recipe I will have to replicate"...oh, and "how adorable is he" :P

I still remember my first bite.

"So this is the reason behind Jason's giddy smile."

Elaine then goes on to tell me about this girl Monica Chubb, one of my sister-in-laws closest friends. I had never heard of the Chubbs before that day, and found it quite the surprise to realize we share the same relatives. So needless to say, Monica and I have developed a quick connection due to our common bond (although bond or not, this girl is wicked!)
Apparently Monica's first taste of whipping cream cake was so amazing, she decided then and there that it was to be her wedding cake!

Earlier this year, I was asked by Monica to design invitations for her upcoming wedding. I was thrilled to be apart of her special day, and was even more thrilled to learn that Elaine would require some help with the cake :)

Yes. It took me 3 years before I made whipping cream cake.

It was also my first time making a wedding cake. And I have pictures to prove it :)











A total of 6 hrs, 14 cakes, 3 head table platters, and one radiant bride!!



Now it's time to spread the story and the love to the people in your life!

WHIPPING CREAM CAKE RECIPE

Filling
1/2 litre whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
500g container sour cream (don't be frightened)

Layers
Mr. Christie Chocolate Waiffers
Graham Crackers


DIRECTIONS
Whip the whipping cream until stiff. Add sour cream and sugar and mix gently with a spoon or on low speed mixer until smooth.

In a non-greased 8x12 or 9x13 container (try to find one with sharp edges rather than curved), lay down a layer of graham cracker. Top with layer of whipped filling. Add layer of Christie Chocolate Waifer then top again with whipped filling. Alternate layers until you have 3 graham layers and 2 christie layers.

Crumble Chocolate waiffers on top layer...because it looks pretty :)

Leave in fridge overnight.



And there you have it! No bake, delicious cake!

Bon Appétit

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Shannon Wiens
|